Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Backing up Social Media Content


On my day off, Tuesday, I gave some of these solutions, (for the problem of backing up Social Media content), a try.

I didn't try Google Takeout, because i didn't think downloading Google Docs content is a problem to begin with.

I have already downloaded all my Facebook content, so I have already verified that works.

Tried ifttt.com today, and my Google Calendar now includes my Twitter comments. Very easy to program, and a Web 2.0 innovation (programming website data interactions).

Backupify seems to be a large scale corporate solution, and works well, except export is possibly difficult.

Didn't try Tweet Library, because it is for IOS devices only.

BackUpMyTweets was a runaround that I would advice persons to avoid.

Finally, Tweetguard seems to have the best interface, however it will only back up about 360 twitter posts.

No comments: